Some gift-giving ideas for the cheese lover in your life:
- Cheese, A Connoisseur's Guide to the World's Best - Max McCalman. As close as you can get to a cheese encyclopedia.
- The Cheese Plate - Max McCalman. A 101 guide on how to enjoy the world's finest cheeses at home.
- Cheese Primer - Steve Jenkins. Great reference guide and introductory book to cheese.
- Cheese & Chalk - Will Studd. Hard to find in the US, but contains some of the most gorgeous photos of cheese I have ever seen.
Cheese of the Month Club
These programs are some of the best in the US, but note that cheese sometimes gets wrecked in transit...
- Artisanal Premium Cheese (www.artisanalcheese.com)
- Murrays Cheese (www.murrayscheese.com)
- Zingerman's (www.zingermans.com)
- Cowgirl Creamery (www.cowgirlcreamery.com)
Cheese & Wine Classes
A class makes a great gift. In NYC, Artisanal, Murrays and the Institute of Culinary Education (www.iceculinary.com) always have great classes on offer.